Account Director, Full-Time
We are expanding our team to meet the growing ESG reporting and disclosure needs of our public and private equity clients. Specifically, BuzzWord is seeking an Account Director, who will serve as a senior point of contact for clients, provide oversight of and directly contribute to the development and execution of projects, and contribute to growing BuzzWord’s business and expanding our suite of products and services. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the ESG/sustainability field and industry expertise in the financial services, energy, consumer packaged goods and/or private equity sectors, among others.
Typical activities include:
- Leading teams of project managers, writers, copy editors, designers, and analysts to deliver consistently high-quality products and services to our clients
- Providing clients with strategic advice and expertise, creative ideas, and practical solutions to advance their ESG reporting and disclosure efforts
- Editing and writing reports, disclosures, and other communications pieces
- Running multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring they stay on time and on budget
- Supporting business development efforts with current and potential clients
- Thinking creatively and collaborating with colleagues to build BuzzWord’s ESG reporting expertise and increase our impact
- Constantly learning by staying up-to-date on trends and developments related to ESG reporting, communications, and disclosure
We are offering a highly competitive base salary based on experience, plus participation in an incentive compensation plan; comprehensive benefits package including healthcare, 401(k), and generous and flexible paid time off policies.
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
- At least 7-10 years of previous sustainability/ESG experience as a corporate sustainability/ESG leader or practitioner, in-house or agency communications professional focused on sustainability/ESG, or consultant with a track record in corporate sustainability/ESG reporting and disclosure
- Substantive sustainability/ESG content knowledge and a deep understanding of related reporting trends and drivers
- Proven leader and strategic thinker with strong communications skills and a client service ethos
- Superb project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a flat organization
- Self-directed, highly-motivated, and able to work on virtual teams
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Passionate about sustainability and ESG
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred