We are expanding our writing team to meet the growing ESG reporting and disclosure needs of our public and private equity clients. Specifically, BuzzWord is seeking a Writer, who will assist in planning, collecting, writing, and editing the content for corporate ESG/sustainability/CSR reports and related communications.
The ideal candidate will have substantive ESG/sustainability knowledge and experience writing about ESG/sustainability topics for corporate clients in sectors including financial services, energy, media, consumer products, and others.
Typical activities include:
- Working with a team of project managers, writers, copy editors, designers, and analysts to deliver consistently high-quality products and services to our clients
- Writing and editing reports, disclosures, and other communications pieces in a range of styles and tones and on a broad variety of ESG/sustainability topics, as sole author or as part of a larger writing team
- Conducting desk research and SME interviews and reviewing and extracting relevant information from a wide range of internal and external materials
- Collaborating with designers to ensure the content and design align with and support one another
This is a project-based contract role, with flexibility in hours and terms of contract based on interest and availability. 3-6 month part-time contract positions are also available.
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Knowledge of corporate ESG/sustainability issues
- Familiarity with ESG frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, UNGC, UN SDGs, etc.) and rankers and raters a plus
- 3+ years of experience writing corporate communications either as an in-house, agency, or freelance communications professional, or similar experience in a related field
- Experience writing ESG/sustainability reports preferred
- Excellent writing and editing skills; an ability to synthesize large volumes of information into a clear, concise, and well-organized narrative under time constraints
- Demonstrated track record of always meeting deadlines
- Ability to effectively describe technically complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong client service orientation
- Self-directed, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work on virtual teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a flat organization
- Authorized to work in the U.S.